We're looking for a Data Advocate to join our team to advocate on behalf of data engineers and analytics engineers. You’ll be responsible for building out our content strategy and empowering new and future users alike with relevant content, technical docs, tutorials, and other helpful educational resources. You’ll be responsible for engaging with data communities to help where you can, while also representing Shipyard at events. You'll partner with marketing to develop guides, blog posts, and other content that help accentuate the possibilities on our platform.
Since we are currently a small startup, you will be given the opportunity to make many of the decisions that affect the roadmap of our product.
This role is fully-remote in the US only.
What will you do as a Data Community Advocate at Shipyard?
- You'll create content (blogs, videos, tutorials, etc.) to inspire and educate prospects and customers about the solution possibilities that can be built with Shipyard.
- You'll help customers have the best possible experience with Shipyard through support, keeping you in sync with our customer's biggest problems.
- You'll engage with online and in-person communities to provide help where needed.
- You'll give talks for various events, podcasts, and webinars.
- You'll develop Shipyard's community outreach strategy to grow awareness, reach, and engagement.
- You'll talk to prospective clients to understand their pain points and aid in feature or solution development.
This might be for you if...
- You have multiple years of experience working in the data ecosystem, either as a practitioner or as a consultant.
- You're comfortable presenting to live audiences and meeting with new and existing users.
- You enjoy ideating and creating content that helps educate others about data, no matter the medium.
- You can readily learn most technologies as you go. To you, technologies are about tools and tradeoffs, not an ideology.
- You're independently motivated and driven to solve tough problems for a growing startup.
- You care about the business implications of anything you build. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You're familiar with version control systems like Github.
- You're well-versed in all of the modern data technology and trends.
- You're fluent with technologies like Python, SQL, and dbt to be able to create working examples.
- Bonus: You've worked heavily with Data teams and understand the innate problems found within ETL and deployment for Data Engineering, Data Science, and Data Analytics.
- Bonus: You're passionate about automation and want to see people spend less time on monotonous work
What benefits can I expect?
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Work from Anywhere with Wifi
- Competitive Salary
- Take Vacation as you Need It
- Top of the line health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) with Employer Matching to help you save for the future.
- WFH Equipment Stipend