Shipyard is looking for a Backend Engineer (with Golang focus) to build and maintain our cloud-based data orchestration platform. You will be responsible for scoping, building, and testing new product features for the platform.
Since we are currently a small startup, you will be given the opportunity to make many of the decisions that affect the roadmap and product capabilities.
This role is fully-remote in the US only and requires existing experience with Golang.
What will you do as a Backend Engineer at Shipyard?
- You'll help scale Shipyard as a best-in-class data orchestration platform for our users, making sure that this mission critical tool is speedy and simple to use.
- You'll build new features that help improve usability and speed — For example, you may work on projects like building out version control systems, creating a system for credential management / reusability, or code parsing to improve setup speed.
- You'll create strategies and roadmaps for new features, or feature streamlining, to make Shipyard easier and faster to use.
- You'll implement tracking and observability solutions that help us better identify future needs and overall product usage.
- You'll implement new product features directly into the application backends.
This might be for you if...
- You have experience creating scalable, production-level applications. You've worked on a product experiencing rapid growth and understand what needs to be done to scale to the next level.
- You're independently motivated and driven to solve tough problems for a growing startup.
- You care about the business implications of anything you build. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You're familiar with version control systems like GitHub and continually work towards improving the team's CI / CD.
- You understand the importance of infrastructure as code and use it to deploy and manage the entire stack.
- You make sure that code you write is stable, maintainable, and testable.
- You're passionate about automation and letting data guide decisions.
- You have experience with AWS Services (EC2, CloudWatch, IAM, VPC, S3, etc.).
- You're fluent with backend technologies like Go, Docker, and Postgres.
What benefits can I expect?
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Work from Anywhere with Wifi
- Competitive Salary
- Take Vacation as you Need It
- Top of the line health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) with Employer Matching to help you save for the future.
- New laptop/equipment of your choice