Shipyard is looking for an Integration Engineer to build out templated connections for our clients that ultimately live on our platform.
You will be primarily responsible for growing and standardizing our library of open-source integration templates, helping us expand our partnerships and total number of templates available to users.
Since we are currently a small startup, you will be given the opportunity to make many of the decisions that affect the roadmap of our product.
This role is fully-remote in the US only.
What will you do as an Integration Engineer at Shipyard?
- You'll help scale Shipyard as a best-in-class data orchestration platform for our users, creating easy-to-use templates that help new users get started with the platform. Examples may include systems that can easily transfer data between storage solutions, or transform datasets from common API endpoints. Dig into our existing templates here.
- You'll create and update detailed documentation to help users effectively use our templates.
- You'll design systems that connect template development directly to content distribution.
- You'll design processes to streamline the template development process.
- You'll be researching developer documentation for external services to figure out how connections can be built modularly to get different data tools to effectively talk to each other.
- You'll create strategies and roadmaps for new features to make Shipyard even easier to use.
This might be for you if...
- You're comfortable building backend solutions from scratch to help facilitate better data usage and time efficiencies.
- You can readily learn most technologies as you go. To you, technologies are about tools and tradeoffs, not an ideology.
- You're independently motivated and driven to solve tough problems for a growing startup.
- You care about the business implications of anything you build. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You're familiar with version control systems like Github and can work in sync with other developers.
- You're fluent with technologies like Python and SQL.
- You're rigorous about testing anything and everything that you build.
- Bonus: You've worked heavily with Data teams and understand the innate problems found within ETL and deployment for Data Engineering, Data Science, and Data Analytics.
- Bonus: You're passionate about automation and want to see people spend less time on monotonous work.
- Bonus: You understand how to effectively build and manage open-source software in a way that gets developer attention.
What benefits can I expect?
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Work from Anywhere with Wifi
- Competitive Salary
- Take Vacation as you Need It
- Top of the line health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) with Employer Matching to help you save for the future.
- WFH Equipment Stipend